14 Desember 2009

One of The Boys


Last nite,

I was given a suggestion by a good friend, for not bein a Boyish.. And one more good friend before him told me pretty much the same different words..


Well.. I was cool with that..

But it keeps ringing in my head..


Speaking of Boyish,

jaman SMA emang gw tomboy banget.. Rambut pendek, boyfriend-jeans, big shirt..

Tae Kwon Do, Wu shu, Pecinta Alam, waktu kuliah gw ikut klub bola dan sempet mejeng bareng anak anak Capoeira yang suka latian di hellypad..


But it was back then.


Semenjak KKN idup gw berubah gara2 diajarin dandan sama temen2.. Gw mulai kost dan seneng masak, and ask my 4-years-relationship Ex Boyfriend, I baked for his Birthday cake for 4 years.. Or ask a boy before him who falls in love to my home made cheese-cake yang sampe sekarang masih nanya, “Kamu masi suka bikin kue keju kesukaan ku kah?”


And even I still have that boyish traces.. gw berubah banyak.


Yah.. tapi mungkin untuk seumuran gw yang seperempat abad ini, gw masih termasuk sedikit tomboy.


I just can’t change the way I am..

Gw masih lasak, masih jail, masih tengil.. jauh dari bayangan seorang cewe anggun pada umumnya.

Even if I’m wearin skirt, I’m still the same old girl in jeans and t-shirt..


I love travelling around and backpacking..

Dan gw ga bisa meninggalkan kegemaran akan Warcraft dan Age of Empire..

Dan YuGi Oh, dan Tekken, dan Silent Hill.. dan GTA.. 7 sins.. haha.. (fine, ketawa gw lagi nyolot)

Those games --which mostly played by boys-- have something I cannot find in the Sims.. or Tetris.. (err.. right..)


And if playin such games means being boyish.. so be it..

Bukankah menyenangkan bisa mengalahkan para laki-laki even in virtual world?


Call me a stupid sexist, feminist-beyotch, whatever, but if boys can do it, why can’t girls?

Even not in every aspects.. gw sangat menyadari ada beberapa hal yang memang ga bisa dilakukan oleh cewe se ksatria Xena sekalipun. But if girls can do it.. why not..


I’m the kind of person who make fun of those girls who’s afraid of sun-burn in beach..

I’m the one who always laugh at girls who’s screaming over a tiny cockroach..

and those who’s afraid of being sweaty..

and those who can only whine while their laptops get down or hang too..


I’m the one who’s proud of a single mother in a security costumes out there in the malls..


Sori, but I just don’t like what most people like, and what most people like to do..

standar is membosankan.


Buat gw, it’s not all about the looks and how they act.

There’s a lot of things more important than that.. like brain.. and courage..? Well, I’m fighting for both.

So the conclusion is.. No matter whatever dresses and skirts I put on, and behind the medium hair I wear, or the other side of bake-loving-bad-girl, I will still and always love games and computer.. or being the girl of a few on backpackers trip to Ternate.. Put on my fins and google mask and dive slow to the depth of the sea.. (ow baby I wud..)


Know a song?

"I saw a Spider I didn't scream..

Cuz i can belch the alphabet, just double dog

Dare me!

And I chose Guitar over Ballet

And I take these suckers down because they just get in my way.."


Katy Perry-One Of The Boys


Keep Green People

And EXPLORE Indonesia..

4 komentar:

  1. i love this sentence : "Bukankah menyenangkan bisa mengalahkan para laki-laki even in virtual world?" hehehe

    gue juga suka ngegame dan backpack XD

    BalasHapus
  2. Englishnya perfect banget... :)

    BalasHapus
  3. @icha YAAAAAYYYY!!!! kita musti backpacking bareng sumday xxxx

    @demoffy hiaaahhh.. bukan itu yang mau disampaikan.. hahahaha.. lagi emosi hoho curcol deh..

    BalasHapus
  4. Well, tadinya gw ingin menghapus postingan ini.. Tapi biar deh.. manis banget diingetnya anyway..

    Sorry that i was so kiddy and oversensitive..

    your words.. last nite.. the saying-sorry-part

    was so cute..:')

    bear hug, babbler blogger

    BalasHapus